The Instructor's Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise 3

+55
Calvin John Dalino
Marlie E. Sisneros
arnulfotaghoy
florenzie_palma
rowellpines
Julie Ann R. Monteroso
Godofredo C. Pisngot Jr.
vinceilagan
ikoymaster
irwin rod adesna
Allan S. Cabusora
Chad Festejo
tiffanycarabuena
irelene cosicol
rancisolanobero
Nesscel Ann Marie Calara
merafehangad
oberorancismichael
jezrelle larubes
cherilyn lagare
kevin.cris.ramos
Russel John L. Serrano
willypedroso
Genne Fernandez
Michael Anthony Jandayan
jennifer conta
KatrinaAnirtak
axel ros e. campaña
Phoebe Angelie Gallardo
Mhel Sheryll Jala
Dianne Jean Dumdum
dudzcomz
boogie
Jovanne Nick L. Cacayan
Alaina Simbal
April Kaye Bestre Bigonte
Allan Gregor Gepulla
Cariza Joy Ensoy
Marybert V. Lee
Ma. Monique Asuque
ericpapasit
Mary Claire P. Avila
juvilyn consejo
Ruchan Alangilan
Gwapong_Tao_Edward_Baylon
chamz_perez
Sherwin_Elioreg
jonalyn sanchez
Frenzess-Joy H. Elman
Mark Bryan B. Gonzales
Jevelyn C. Labor
abigail_duhaylungsod
Xaviery Dwight Noval
george101_2007
Admin
59 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Exercise 3 Empty Exercise 3

Post  Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:20 pm

What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

Admin
Admin

https://danvirgelratilla.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  george101_2007 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:25 pm

George Norman Patayon

The environment has a big impact on your interaction with the computer, since humans are bound to be emotional and in some cases may bring them to their performance to work. One example would be in a crowded and noisy room and you are typing an article, for some person (like me) would prefer a quite room to concentrate because it can distract you from your work, in my case I mistype the words and sometimes forget the next word. There are also cases where we prefer that no one is looking on us and on the monitor we are using when we are working because we get conscious and we make mistakes, in my experience when I was making a video, my gestures and hands were compromised because of the eyes looking at my lappie’s LCD, I cannot do what I want since I am conscious of the eyes watching my work. (hehe)

george101_2007

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty EXERCISE 3

Post  Xaviery Dwight Noval Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Exercise 3

What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

Talking about the social environment I am with, the presence and usage of the technology specially computers is widely in common. The influence of computer gaming is one of the major reasons of the Human-Computer interaction, and also, these interactions are present due to the profession i had chosen.
Through the extensive usage of this technology, organizations whether commercial nor academic had grown popular. Academic organizations had been requiring the knowledge about computers, which includes the usage of these devices to meet certain school requirements. These organizations had contributed a lot on the interaction, some of its effects are addiction, knowledge and the growth of technology.

Xaviery Dwight Noval

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty Re: Exercise 3

Post  abigail_duhaylungsod Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm

ANSWER:

Well, I’m still at school and currently I’m studying Info. Tech. so my schooling greatly depends on computers. Our facilities are not really that good and it is very influential to our laboratory exercise. Computers are needed in our line of business. In school even in reporting or in programs we are using computers. Computers can make or break social relationships depending on how you made use of it. If you are to get addicted with computer games and stuffs you will likely to spend more of your day in front f the monitor than with your love ones and will lose them. If you will use computers to get connected with other people far from your place, send files and mails to far places, widen your business or in any way that is intended for a greater purpose then it can make your life easier and happier.

abigail_duhaylungsod

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty EXERCISE 3

Post  Jevelyn C. Labor Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Let me first elaborate more what is a social environment. It includes their living and working conditions, income level, educational background and the communities they are part of. All these have a powerful effect on health. It is made up of the cultures, institutions and networks of individuals and groups, formal and informal, which add value to our lives, while social capital is the productive value inherent in our relationships. In my accustomed environment, I believe that it really gave me a huge impact towards my interaction into the computer. When I was still a kid, I never imagined to be part of information technology world. I never cared about how such things may help the world. Now that I took BSIT, the idea about the interaction between me as the user and the computer became more important. Every day of my life there was such a gigantic dependence unto computers for the betterment of my learnings every day (laughing). Research have been made to identify the effects of social environment to human computer interaction. They found that repeatedly in their experiments that people respond to computers, at an unreflective gut level, as though computers were human. These human behaviors do not result from people's ignorance or from psychological or social dysfunctions but from the fact that social responses are commonplace and easy to generate, even without sophisticated AI or multimedia technologies. Human-computer interactions are fundamentally social and natural.
Jevelyn C. Labor
Jevelyn C. Labor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Bryan B. Gonzales Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Admin wrote:What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

In academic our professor sends our topic sometimes to the social networking and also it also let us knows for the upcoming events to our school. In commercial most of the business nowadays it they use this practice as they advertise there product from the websites or there profiles from the social networks. The interface of computers at the present time is really progressing as time goes by. The need of a computer increase as computer can really stake high the limits of what our body can do. There are instances that computer can really make our work much easier than the usual. In my environment, almost all of my friends have been influenced to computer because without it, we can’t really do our assignments and stuffs.
Mark Bryan B. Gonzales
Mark Bryan B. Gonzales

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty Exercise 3 - F. J. Elman

Post  Frenzess-Joy H. Elman Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Exercise 3:

Environment is indeed a big factor when we talk about human interactions with the computer. Let's say, in our case, as IT-inclined people and IT students, as required to us academically we are more exposed to using the computer as compared to those students who are taking up non-IT-related course (not referring to the time consumed in using the computer, but to the hardcore computer applications that we use like programming programs). This has become obviously a big influence on why we are more acquainted to using the computer and understanding its functions than most students.

Likewise, social environment is also a big part in human computer interaction. A practical example of this is the widespread use of the most popular social media site, facebook. Naturally, when friends start to use it, one is also pressured to make an fb account so that he or she can still mingle with his or her friends in the online world. This results to an individual getting more accustomed to the website, which in return increases the effectiveness of human-computer interaction.
Frenzess-Joy H. Elman
Frenzess-Joy H. Elman

Back to top Go down

Post  jonalyn sanchez Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:22 pm

As an IT student being on an environment where everyone relies and uses technology gives me a big influence to have known these things work. I mean I am not saying that I have been head over heels with these things but actually because I am dealing with it everyday I kind of know more about computers and I can say I interact differently with other people who just occasionally interact with computers. And with this age, it becomes so common for us to know at least a little thing about computers and how to interact with them.

jonalyn sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherwin_Elioreg Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 pm

In my current situation right now, I can say that social environment can really affect our interaction with computers. Sometimes when I'm doing things in my computer, I don't have this clear objective of what I am going to do. It ends up that I am confuse and my mind is demoralize of what am I going to do...

Sherwin_Elioreg

Back to top Go down

Post  chamz_perez Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Admin wrote:What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

The interaction of computers nowadays is really progressing as time goes by. The need of a computer increases as computer can really stake high the limits of what our body can do. There are instances that computer can really make our work much easier than the usual.

chamz_perez
chamz_perez

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwapong_Tao_Edward_Baylon Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Social environment really matters in almost everything that we do. Even in the way we interact with computers seem to be affected. For example you are in an internet café; you act descent to have formality in the eyes of the public. Comparing it with your attitude in using a home-based computer, you can do whatever you like; you can put your feet above the table or rack up your keyboard or do whatever that makes you comfortable. When you are a part of any organization, you really are to bounded to follow some rules and regulation. For example comparing two parties in which I am involved, my “barkada” and my musical group. In my musical groups certain things and attitudes are applied in which makes me more serious and formal for the sake that we can interact properly. Unlike with my “barkada” I can do the normal things that I am inclined with like laughing out very very loud and speaking in were my voice volume is always in maximum level. This is just a simple example on how can an organization affects some factors of interactions.

Gwapong_Tao_Edward_Baylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruchan Alangilan Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Arrow In the academic side, the social environment's influence is enormous. Our facilitators now gives assignments and the likes to different forums sites. As a result, as students, we need to constantly check it for updates and comply to it.

Ruchan Alangilan

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty exercise 3

Post  juvilyn consejo Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:53 pm

As far as I am concerned I would say that the social environment of an individual or sometimes also called social context or milieu, is the culture that s/he was educated and/or lives in, and the people and institutions with whom the person interacts.

The interaction may be in person or through communication media, even anonymous or one-way, and may not imply equality of social status. Therefore the social environment is a broader concept than that of social class or social circle. Nevertheless, persons with the same social environment often develop a sense of solidarity; they often tend to trust and help one another, and to congregate in social groups. They will often think in similar styles and patterns even when their conclusions differ.

It has a big impact into myself because this is where I grew up and learned during my schools days. What I am right now is the result of what I have gain in my past days. So as my future goes through, I can say I am very dependent in the said social environment. This is a way in which I can communicate with other persons even if i don't know them.
juvilyn consejo
juvilyn consejo

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty Exer 3

Post  Mary Claire P. Avila Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Every person would do great on a specific field depending on his/her experience. Moreover the social environment is also a big factor in the performance of a certain person. The knowledge of an individual can also be measured on his/her culture, with the people he/she stays with and how he/he is educated. Basing on the kind of environment I belong, since I am currently taking up BS in Information Technology it is inevitable that I do possess a vast influence of computers. Apparently I can interact well with computers. Most of my works pertaining to my studies deals with computers. Given that I am knowledgeable enough about the said area then it is more convenient on my part and perhaps I wouldn’t have a hard time on interacting with the computer. For example in dealing with some computer input devices like the keyboard, it would be easier for me to type or encode since i am already familiar with the arrangement of the keys. Furthermore because of the lessons and context of the environment and also with the objective of the course I am taking up I am motivated to be more conversant to the world of computers.
Mary Claire P. Avila
Mary Claire P. Avila

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty Eric N. Papas

Post  ericpapasit Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:04 pm

The influence does the social environment in which I work have on my interaction while I am using a computer or even a gadget are much influential than watching movies. Example, actually I am not quiet fan of using social networking site like facebook though I am very access to it as an IT student, but sense my classmates rampantly using this sites and they usually post there the updates on school and other relevant matters, I am now at least once a day login on my account on facebook to monitor updates. Razz
ericpapasit
ericpapasit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ma. Monique Asuque Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Being an Information Technology student takes a lot of computer interaction compared before when I was still in high school. Everything that we do, especially on our major subjects, we rely on computers and on the internet. Because of this, we treat computers as a necessity in our daily lives, we can’t do anything without it and we can’t stand a day without using it. Due to frequent interaction with computers, we feel at ease and comfortable using it. We are now fast with commands and understand functionalities with regards to computers.
Ma. Monique Asuque
Ma. Monique Asuque

Back to top Go down

Post  Marybert V. Lee Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:24 pm

3. What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

The social environment refers to how people and communities behave, their relationships, education and occupation, and the conditions in which they live. Truly, the environment in which you grew up greatly affects your exposure to the new trends of technology especially the computers. One good example I have in mind is our speaker on our multimedia conference earlier namely Madame Myrna. She grew up in an outskirts of a fishing village. Her father is a fisherman and they can hardly afford to have their home an electricity connection. That is why Madame Myrna grew naively about the latest trends of technology especially on the use of computers. When she was able to work abroad, she was able to learn how to use computers and apply it to her work as a helper. Right now, she currently owns a company here in Davao which gives services especially on the field of social media. The great incursion of environment she lives heavily affects her exposure to computers. Since the environment she is now living is banging out intensive exposure to computers, she also is bringing a waft out of her exposure being a venture capitalist. Social improvement is attained more readily by an interest with the quality of results than with the purity of motives. The level of exposure you guarantee yourself to the latest trends in technology also guarantees how well you perform in the field of information technology.

Marybert V. Lee
Marybert V. Lee

http://akosimariaberta.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cariza Joy Ensoy Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:35 pm

As for me, as a user of computers that interacts with the thing done by human, environment and social factors really affects on how I interact with machines. I don’t like shared machines since I keep my files and works the way I want and I don’t want other people to intrude and move my things the way I left it. School projects and assignments also affect the time and how do I interact with a computer; I’m also a type of person that do things under pressure so interaction is greater. The trending Facebook also influences me since I’m a person who wants to check my friends.
Cariza Joy Ensoy
Cariza Joy Ensoy

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty exercise 3

Post  Allan Gregor Gepulla Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm

My social environment is neither commercial nor academic. I view it more like a hobby. I’ve been like these as long as I remembered from a Nintendo Entertainment System to a Smartphone. So video games brought me here. Other than it made me lazier, it improved my analytic skills especially in the sequential or instructive type of logic. Well, I guess that’s the reason why I didn’t have much of a problem with programming.

Allan Gregor Gepulla

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 Empty exercise3

Post  April Kaye Bestre Bigonte Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Charmagne Christal Billuga---sir dli jud q kasulod

the influence of Social environment in me in my work in interaction on the computer are:it helps me understand other functions and use of computer and its applications. Since everyone are engage in social network, it became the way of our communication, through this we can interact our friends and classmates using computers. Social networks influence me also in interaction in computers through the games i am playing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alaina Simbal Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Since I am part of the academic organization, my social environment is very much influenced with technological advancement, specifically with the computers and the online world. The online world has become our medium for teaching and learning. This has helped us release our stress and frustrations as a student by playing online/lan games, visiting social networking sites, and other stuffs.

Alaina Simbal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jovanne Nick L. Cacayan Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:48 pm

The social environment influences my interaction with the computer a great deal. In a learning environment, as part of I.T. environment it teaches me more to explore on technology especially software not just a user but as a developer. It makes computer as a non-living partner in my daily activities and most of the time I rely on it. I find myself interested in this matter although sometimes I find it hard to program but still I strive hard to learn new technologies in the market cause the passion in technical side is there. 

Jovanne Nick L. Cacayan

Back to top Go down

Post  boogie Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Melchor S. Inte Jr.

As a student of Info. Tech. we always deal with computers. That why social environment which I work in influences me to interact with computers. It has a big impact and effect in which social environment can affect in how you will interact with the computer you are working in. Mean while when you are at home doing things or interacting with your computer it has a big differences with your performance and style of working.
boogie
boogie

Back to top Go down

Post  dudzcomz Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Well, as an IT students it's have a big impact for me to use a computer because as a students, we should be expose in using computer because that is really our field. Many people today who are use computer so that they can they could feel the essence of technology who are roaming around. In computers, there are lot of business opportunities that we can get, because through this device we can design anything and that is the form of interaction.

dudzcomz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dianne Jean Dumdum Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:03 pm

In this category, I opted to choose two most common interfaces which I had already encounter. It is both the command line interface and the graphical user interface. Sine we have been studying and working programs with C++, java (which is Object Oriented) and the visual web studio, working with these two forms of interface had been common for most of us.
Now let us talk about command line interface. Surfing the net, I found these words which defines a command line interface and these are stated as follows:

“..for a command line interface, the limited vocabulary of the input language makes it more difficult for the user to articulate a task even though the limited language provides complete coverage in terms of possible queries allowed.”

Very much true, that accessing command line interface is very difficult. As a user of this interface, we must all first get to know most of its libraries for us to be able to communicate and command in the interface. If not, problems may be encountered inevitably. As it is said that articulating a task is difficult in a command line interface since it provides a limited set of language that could be used for it to be accessed. Truly it happens to most cases when we adopted this kind of interface. Personally I can say that if we know nothing about the libraries of a command line interface we could really not do anything. As in, nothing would be and will be finished.

Now dealing about the graphical user interface, it has been very fun and amazing for us to work with kind of working area. As a user it creates a friendly environment for us to encounter as well as it gives the user to learn and communicate with the other end pleasurably. It does not hold much value of “seriousness” in communicating with the libraries of graphical user interface. It just has to deal with the graphical aspect of the communicating parties.

Thereby saying that if we are talking about the greatest distances between the two, command line has greatest measure of distance compared to graphical user interface.

Dianne Jean Dumdum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next