The Instructor's Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise 3

+55
Calvin John Dalino
Marlie E. Sisneros
arnulfotaghoy
florenzie_palma
rowellpines
Julie Ann R. Monteroso
Godofredo C. Pisngot Jr.
vinceilagan
ikoymaster
irwin rod adesna
Allan S. Cabusora
Chad Festejo
tiffanycarabuena
irelene cosicol
rancisolanobero
Nesscel Ann Marie Calara
merafehangad
oberorancismichael
jezrelle larubes
cherilyn lagare
kevin.cris.ramos
Russel John L. Serrano
willypedroso
Genne Fernandez
Michael Anthony Jandayan
jennifer conta
KatrinaAnirtak
axel ros e. campaña
Phoebe Angelie Gallardo
Mhel Sheryll Jala
Dianne Jean Dumdum
dudzcomz
boogie
Jovanne Nick L. Cacayan
Alaina Simbal
April Kaye Bestre Bigonte
Allan Gregor Gepulla
Cariza Joy Ensoy
Marybert V. Lee
Ma. Monique Asuque
ericpapasit
Mary Claire P. Avila
juvilyn consejo
Ruchan Alangilan
Gwapong_Tao_Edward_Baylon
chamz_perez
Sherwin_Elioreg
jonalyn sanchez
Frenzess-Joy H. Elman
Mark Bryan B. Gonzales
Jevelyn C. Labor
abigail_duhaylungsod
Xaviery Dwight Noval
george101_2007
Admin
59 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Exercise 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Exercise 3

Post  Mhel Sheryll Jala Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 pm

The social environment in which we work in has a big effect on the environment that we work in:
• Determining what system to use depending on the required out come.
• Depending on the interaction the company needs to produce to reach certain goals.
• Motivating the user to interact with visual aids and help menus.
• May have to share computers depending on the tasks at hand to save up on space in offices.
• Competition between colleges when two people have to do the same task.
• Pressure from colleges at higher ranks who may be monitoring the work could make the user more cautious and accident prone.
Mhel Sheryll Jala
Mhel Sheryll Jala

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoebe Angelie Gallardo Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:28 pm

What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

Answer: the social environment influences me on my interaction with the computers by sharing me information and new knowledge it has. It keeps me curious and eager to know more about a certain thing and keeps me use the computer to learn. Moreover, I am now more exposed to an environment with wealthy of understanding about technology. The organization such as the academic organization helps me interact with the computers more. It helps me do thing easier and more comfortable.
Phoebe Angelie Gallardo
Phoebe Angelie Gallardo

Back to top Go down

Post  axel ros e. campaña Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 pm

All we know that we, referring to us studying at Institute of Computing, are really into computers. Before, going to IC, I got a little knowledge about this stuff. Only when I entered in the university where I gained what I have now. It made me develop my skills in computer stuffs and the likes. In this area I learned to have an ease in interacting with computer. The knowledge I gained from them, teachers and facilitators, twisted my mind into the fact that I know lots of things in computers. It really had a big contribution to me, my studies.

Social environment really affects my interaction with computers. Just for example, the difference between facing the computers just in the house, in the school computer laboratory and in internet shops. In house, I have the comfortable feeling for I can do all things that I want in terms of communicating with the computer, unlike in the laboratories and internet shops, I don’t have to be worried on what I’ll do, my position and the likes. While in computer laboratories in school, when having a class laboratory, of course, people around me are very focus and serious that’s why I need to do the same way. In internet shops, sometimes I got so irritated with the people around especially on those shops with very noisy surfer’s and computer gamers. The environment really is a factor in communicating with computer and individual’s behaviors facing computers.

axel ros e. campaña
axel ros e. campaña

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 - Page 2 Empty Exercise 3

Post  KatrinaAnirtak Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Environment has a big impact in interacting with the computer. And it can really affect our work, specially in academic matters. After seeing those important stuffs in my computer without doing it, and I ended up nothing.

KatrinaAnirtak

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer conta Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:06 am

What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

• Work context
• Peer pressure
• Management pressure
• Motivation
• Organizational goals
• Organizational decision making
jennifer conta
jennifer conta

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Anthony Jandayan Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:10 am

Let's take a look at this example. Two different boys grew up in different social environments. One was raised in the city - where basically all technological innovations first take off. The other one in the country - where the breath of fresh air and the simplicity of life are the luxuries he is presented with. Now, what are the odds of the boy in the country being a better DOTA gamer than the city boy? I know you got the idea.

Society really plays a major role in our whole personality setup and in this case, in our interaction with certain things such as computers. In my childhood and teenage days, I wasn't that much overdosed with computer radiation because the society I am living isn't that much inclined on such technological stuffs then. But, when I went to the city to continue with my tertiary studies, there started my intensive and sometimes violent interaction with computers. I guess the academe deserves a major credit for it also especially that I've ventured on an Information Technology course. Of course, when you are into this kind of courses it is imperative for you to dedicate extra hours interacting with computers than if you are in other non-technical courses.

Michael Anthony Jandayan

Back to top Go down

Post  Genne Fernandez Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:48 am

Most number of people nowadays does have mobile phones and computers and I am one of them. Mobile phone and computers are two of the products of technology that interacts with human. As a user , social environment really affect on how I interact with the computer. One of the particular influences that affect us from interacting is the work context. Work context answers the question are the machines shared? As for me, I do not like shared machines because it does greatly influence your interaction practice with that particular machine.

Genne Fernandez

Back to top Go down

Post  willypedroso Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:37 am

In present times, one of the influences of the social environment is the what we call "pressure" the pressure to compete or impress with classmates and friends and the pressure to achieve something in my studies. One of the effects of the organization (academic) is the what we call "motivation" in which I am pursued to interact with computers and people around me. The goals of the organization also affects me in my studies since we are aiming for a higher standard.

willypedroso
willypedroso

Back to top Go down

Post  Russel John L. Serrano Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:44 am

Exercise 3 - Page 2 IStock_000011154317XSmall

Just a brief discussion about Social Environment Exercise 3 - Page 2 Whistle

Social Environment of an individual, also called social context or milieu, is the culture that s/he was educated and/or lives in, and the people and institutions with whom the person interacts.

The interaction may be in person or through communication media, even anonymous or one-way, and may not imply equality of social status. Therefore the social environment is a broader concept than that of social class or social circle. Nevertheless, persons with the same social environment often develop a sense of solidarity; they often tend to trust and help one another, and to congregate in social groups. They will often think in similar styles and patterns even when their conclusions differ.

Social Environment really deals us a lot, it penetrates to our behavior in our life and about the human interactions with the computer. it could help us or destroy us, it is just a matter of LIFE and DEATH. Help us in a way of it could lead us and make us more productive, enhance our knowledge and much more exposure to the new generation we have. Destroy us in way of it could lead us in a bad or other direction which could influence our life style in a obsession, addiction and destroys our way of living specially in our spiritual aspects.

Russel John L. Serrano

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin.cris.ramos Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:14 am

The social and the environmental place where an individual is living go through some influences without being aware. Just like in school, if you are enrolled in an elite type then you are working with close competency. Of course with all the high technologies installed in your school these will make use for your advance learning. In connection to this, living in a city is more progressive than living in a restricted area. Some of the influences which also vary from the environment to environment are the management pressure, motivation and work context of an individual.

kevin.cris.ramos

Back to top Go down

Post  cherilyn lagare Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:40 am

I definitely believe on social environment plays a big part in our lives. One social unit which provide and furnish you as what you are is what we called "Family". It is the principal institution for the socialization of children. This provoke the cultural, traditional, emotional and spiritual attributes of a child.

According to a certain site, how we behave, our relationships, our gender and ethnic group, our education and work, the conditions and communities in which we live, and how we feel about ourselves are all elements of the social environment. These elements show where people living in a particular environment have a great influence on his living especially on the interaction with computer. If you are living in city, you are disposed to high technologies and in advance learning. In contrast, occupying in rural areas is not associated much what new generation brings. One of the influences that could affect to people is through decision making. DECISION MAKING is an organizational process because it has an effect on organizational goals of an individual.
cherilyn lagare
cherilyn lagare

Back to top Go down

Post  jezrelle larubes Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:29 am

Human-machine interaction marks big sense to me, especially that I’m on the field of technology where computer and machines are studied to develop a resourceful and useful technological products. It’s never been new to me to see new faces of technology though I am amaze sometimes. It true to reality that social environment affects the interaction of human to the computers. It helps the people whom are uses the technological machinery available these days to interact effectively. According to the book of Alan Dix entitled “Human Computer Interaction”, social environment includes work context, peer pressure, management pressure, motivation, organizational goals, organizational decision making and also the work groups. All of these influences will vary the human interaction environment to environment.

Work Context. Work context influences the shared work place. Based from experience, the laboratories really affect the interaction of the machines to human. There are some instances that each of the students inside the laboratory can interact with the available resources. From that sense, interaction will be limited caused by the limited resources available. Hence, it will cause uncertainty and inconstant interaction between the users.

Peer Pressure. Interaction too do have competition, it is the competition between the users. It begins with the pressure that the human feels when once the machine is used. They will focus on not because they want to know and understand the machine but because of the competition exist between the users.

Management Pressure. Interaction too involves pressure in achieving. Especially in school, its one way of feeling pressure when you need to know and understand certain software of machine for your project. This pressure may affect in terms of time pressure and the pressure to the organization in which we belong. Probably, there is the pressure that takes us to learn quickly about the resources without enjoying it. And it could be a pressure that the organization in which you are belongs expects something from you, lastly;

Group mates. The human interaction also affects by the group mates we have working with certain activities. They might influence others to learn about the resources and make applications out of it. This will greatly help others especially when they learn out of the process of learning from others.

jezrelle larubes

Back to top Go down

Post  oberorancismichael Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:48 am

1. What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

 The influence of the social environmental that affects the interaction of human to computers for example in a company or other businesses is all employee or workers can manipulate the machines? Or are all workers interact to the machines. With this instances the environmental influences affects the interaction of the human and machines or computer because there are just limited workers can use the machines and the others are not. So with that instances other workers are more knowledgeable than other because of the limitations of other workers.

oberorancismichael

Back to top Go down

Post  merafehangad Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:50 am

The influence which the social environment do work on our interaction with the computer is the work place which is one of the factor that influence us in interacting on the computer it is because all of the establishment nowadays are using already a computer or the high-tech devices on their offices, another is the peer which also influence in interacting us to the computer for they are competing and impress us on how they use the newest technology today. These influences may help us to consider the other possible in identifying the interaction to those circumstances in the environment.

merafehangad

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesscel Ann Marie Calara Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:25 pm

The social environment in which we are in greatly affects our interaction with a computer. In my point of view, this is why devices such as headphones are used. I remember when internet cafes used speakers; they connect a speaker on each unit for audio. The result is not only a completely noisy and distractive environment but also a total lack of privacy. Also when doing something on the computer, there are people who prefers to do their work in private and gets distracted when there are other people looking at what they are doing.

Nesscel Ann Marie Calara

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 - Page 2 Empty exercisenumberthree

Post  rancisolanobero Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 pm

The social environment in which we work in has a big effect on the environment that we work in:
• It determines what system to use depending on the required outcome.
• Motivating the user to interact with visual aids and help menus.
• May have to share computers depending on the tasks at hand to save up on space in offices.
• Pressure from colleges at higher ranks who may be monitoring the work could make the user more cautious and accident prone.

• work context
• peer pressure
• management pressure
• motivation
• organizational goals
• organizational decision making

It may be helpful to consider other possible environments in order to identify how the interaction would differ under these different circumstances.
rancisolanobero
rancisolanobero

Back to top Go down

Post  irelene cosicol Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:06 pm

In today’s environment, social interaction became one of the important things human do. With the help of the technology particularly computers and of the internet, social interaction can now easily be done. One of the proofs is the growth of the social media and the existence of the facebook. Now I can be able to update myself to whatever things happening around me. It helps me a lot especially when it comes to school works since I don’t need to wait for announcements. I can easily browse the net and check my email and page thus I can say that I am fully connected with the world. LOL. Razz

irelene cosicol

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffanycarabuena Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:16 pm

This time of the year is a busy time for students since it is the finals time and the instructors have been bombarding the students with lots and lots of projects. Unfortunately I don’t have my own laptop which means I am only sharing with my classmates laptop and it really affects how i do my task. I am a bit pressured because of the time and also because of the expectations of the group that I will finish the task they have given to me. Maybe if I have my own laptop then I think I can do everything without time pressure and I will not also bother my classmates anymore since they too are doing things for the completion of the project.

tiffanycarabuena

Back to top Go down

Post  Chad Festejo Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:56 pm

The social environment that I work has a great influence on my interaction with the computer, I could say that it is a positive or good influence; it made me learn things, made me comfortable and find it convenient to use the computer for different purposes. As a student of a computer course, my interest and skills in handling computers have been improved since then. With my constant interaction with the computer my personal goals have also been developed through peer pressure, motivation, organizational goals.

Chad Festejo

Back to top Go down

Post  Chad Festejo Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:10 pm

The social environment that I work has a great influence on my interaction with the computer, I could say that it is a positive or good influence; it made me learn things, made me comfortable and find it convenient to use the computer for different purposes. As a student of a computer course, my interest and skills in handling computers have been improved since then. With my constant interaction with the computer my personal goals have also been developed through peer pressure, motivation, organizational goals.

Chad Festejo

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan S. Cabusora Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Allan S. Cabusora

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 - Page 2 Empty Exer 3

Post  irwin rod adesna Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Society really plays a major role in our whole personality setup and in this case, in our interaction with certain things such as computers. In my childhood and teenage days, I wasn't that much overdosed with computer radiation because the society I am living isn't that much inclined on such technological stuffs then. But, when I went to the city to continue with my tertiary studies, there started my intensive and sometimes violent interaction with computers. I guess the academe deserves a major credit for it also especially that I've ventured on an Information Technology course. Of course, when you are into this kind of courses it is imperative for you to dedicate extra hours interacting with computers than if you are in other non-technical courses.

irwin rod adesna

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 - Page 2 Empty EXERCISE3 DAW

Post  ikoymaster Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:00 pm

A basketball player will rarely interact with a computer and spend most of its time practicing, a farmer would also rarely interact with a computer, but for me, as a student of a technical course surrounded by people who practically lives virtually, I spend most of my time in front of a computer working with academic activities, social networking, and the likes.

ikoymaster

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3 - Page 2 Empty Ass-Three

Post  vinceilagan Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:58 am

Exercise 3 What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

Commercial or either Academic in the social environment in which HCI is present the first thing that would come to my mind is the growing mobile companies and sites in the world particularly here in the Philippines that ranks us as top in the world as one of the most countries in which really wastes money on mobile phone usage either in the upper, middle or lower class of the community everyone has a mobile phones that made a big difference in our country in all ages, mobile texting or mobile text input, is a term for short text messages that are sent and received in a mobile setting, specifically in situations where the user is not present in the primary work setting (home or office) and may be engaged in some other activity. AAC is a general term for systems that enable people with physical and/or cognitive disabilities to communicate or operate computers or other equipment. They range from simple design modifications of the ergonomics of standard QWERTY keyboards to input system for special symbol languages (e.g., Bliss or pictograms) with simplified user interfaces which allow for input by users with motor or cognitive difficulties. This introduction provides a short description of the circumstances, challenges and goals of these systems, and argues that from the point of view really made the users more get on to the developing world of mobile texting.
vinceilagan
vinceilagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Godofredo C. Pisngot Jr. Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:41 am

Computer nowadays are more like a necessity in order for us to do the things that we want to do. Just like handheld devices (mobile phones), computers are relatively growing in demand and it’s inevitably fast. The need of a computer increases as computer can really stake high the limits of what our body can do, that computers can really make our work much easier than the usual.

Godofredo C. Pisngot Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum